Swinton Park is offering three different summer food experiences this summer, as follows :
Simon Crannage Summer Selection
This is a lunchtime event, with four themed menus running during the summer months, each with a focus on the fresh seasonal produce sourced from the hotel’s walled garden, surrounding estate, or Yorkshire countryside. The three course lunch costs £24.50 per person, and guests are welcome to linger after lunch and enjoy a walk in the 200 acres of parkland and gardens. Booking essential. Themes and dates are as follows :
- Asparagus and Estate Trout (17 – 29th May)
- Spring Lamb and Garden Greens (14 – 25th June)
- Lemon Sole and Walled Garden Feast (16 – 27th August)
- Venison and Early Autumn Vegetables (20 – 30th September)
Alfresco Barbecue Dining – 11th June, 23rd July & 20th August
For those who are looking for something really out of this world, this event is perfect for the intrepid diner. Join us at our restored Deerhouse in the Parkland, for an alfresco barbecue dinner. Sensational food is served to you by our chef at your table, tasting all the better for being outdoors, with candlelight, a starlit sky and a blazing fire to work their magic. The two course meal costs £25 per person (bookings for tables of four or more)
Alfresco Food Festivals – 31st May and 12th September
Follow the culinary trail through the 200 acres of parkland and grounds at the hotel, and enjoy a tasting meal served to you at alfresco kitchens along the route. The menu focuses entirely on the fresh seasonal produce grown in the grounds and surrounding countryside, and you can also take part in :
- Edible Food tours in the woods and Grow Your Own tours in the walled garden.
- Countryside Demonstrations, such as sheep shearing, stone walling and bee keeping
- Falconry Displays and Pony Rides
- Children’s Activities such as bulb planting, pot decorating and garland making.
- Cookery Demonstrations, Wine and Real Ale Tasting, and Gourmet Food Marquee
- Judging the Tree Dressing Competition, set up along the route
Tickets cost £10 per person (including tasting meal) 11.00am – 4.00pm. Outdoor clothing recommended.
Press enquiries : Felicity Cunliffe-Lister : 01765 680944 : email@example.com
Notes for the Editor :
- Swinton Park is a 30 bedroom luxury hotel with 4 Red Stars and 3 Rosettes for quality of food. It is the ancestral seat of the Earl of Swinton and is owned by the Cunliffe-Lister family, who opened it as a hotel in 2001.
- The hotel has a cookery school, with day, evening and residential courses running all year. The residential courses are run by the TV Celebrity chef, Rosemary Shrager.
- The gardens, including the four acre walled garden, have been extensively restored in recent years. The walled garden now grows over 60 varieties of seasonal herbs, fruit and produce. The hotel is committed to keeping food miles to an absolute minimum, with the majority of all other produce sourced by the hotel coming from the surrounding 20,000 acre estate and Yorkshire countryside.
- The hotel has a carbon neutral woodchip boiler, eco-laundry and many other environmental measures in place – winning awards for its green policies.