Swinton Park is offering FIVE new ideas and events for Mother’s Day gift ideas in 2010 :
- Mother’s Day Cookery Course (13th & 14th March) - This is a day in the cookery school at Swinton Park, ideal for Mothers wanting to spend time with friends or relatives. Revisit some of the old favourites, which we have reinterpreted with a modern twist for today’s family food, try out some new techniques and styles of food, and catch up on old times! £140 per person, for a day course including lunch. £30 for guests joining the course for lunch.
- Orchid Lunch Sunday 21st March - Join local orchid expert, Ray Creek, for a talk and lunch, with orchid display and sales. £35 per person, which includes the gift of an orchid to take home.
- Spa Lunch Monday 22nd March – Join us for an introduction to what’s new in the world of beauty and body products from the world of [comfort zone], with a demonstration, goody bags and two course lunch, and a discount for treatments booked on the day. £25 per person.
- The English Country House Garden with Matthew Wilson – Monday 7th June - A talk, tour and lunch with Matthew Wilson, a regular columnist in the national papers and author of New Gardening; How to Garden in a Changing Climate which was awarded Practical Book of the Year 2007 by the Garden Writers Guild. Matthew has carved out a new approach to gardening with exceptional results and during his talk he will give an overview of the origins of the landscape and design of the English Country House Garden, with specific examples of gardens that he knows well. He will also consider the future of our great gardens, with particular focus on how they can work in harmony with the environment and climate. The talk includes a tour with Matthew of the 18th century landscaped parkland and grounds at Swinton Park. £50 per guest.
- Garden Design Days – Summer 2010 - Join the garden designer, Susan Cunliffe-Lister, for a Garden Design Day and learn about planting, planning and designing both a kitchen garden and the gardens in the parkland. The day will include an account of Susan's experiences of designing two very different walled gardens - the award winning ornamental one at Burton Agnes in East Yorkshire, and the highly productive one at Swinton Park designed for growing fruit, vegetables and herbs for the hotel's kitchen and cookery school. The history and design of the 18th Century landscaped parkland at Swinton Park is also covered, including the story of its restoration following 30 years of neglect. Throughout the day practical and constructive tips and suggestions are given for both planting and cultivation. £100 per guest.
Press enquiries : Felicity Cunliffe-Lister : 01765 680944 : email@example.com
Notes for the Editor :
- Swinton Park is a luxury 4 star castle hotel set in 200 acres of parkland in the Yorkshire Dales, a mile outside the charming market and brewery town of Masham
- The castle was sold by the Cunliffe-Lister family in the 1970’s and then bought back by them in 2000, and converted into a 30 bedroom hotel, opening in 2001.
- Facilities include a cookery school (with residential courses run by celebrity chef Rosemary Shrager), spa and country pursuits including golf, fishing and a Bird of Prey centre
- The hotel has invested in energy saving measures such as a wood-chip boiler to replace its oil burners, an eco laundry, and restoring its four acre walled garden to supply the hotel and cookery school with seasonal produce and flowers throughout the year