The Big Chill at Swinton Park
Date: 8th October, 2010
Avoid the madding crowds and enjoy the build up to Christmas this year for a change. Stay at Swinton Park, the award winning luxury castle hotel in the Yorkshire Dales and relax and indulge a little.
Between 4th December and 8th January (Christmas and New Year excluded) guests can relax and recuperate before or after the festivities, with a chill-out package that includes
- Accommodation, breakfast and dinner in the hotel
- a pre-dinner cookery demonstration,
- late checkout,
- £10 voucher to spend in the spa or Cookery School Shop,
- [comfort zone] beauty products and the NEW Swinton Park branded produce “Chef’s Kitchen” goodies to take home.
Rates start from £220 per room per night, including dinner.
Guests at the hotel can also enjoy our Santa at Swinton family event on the 21st, a Party Night on the 21st and events at Ripon Cathedral that include a recital of The Messiah (11th), Britten’s Ceremony of Carols (12th), St Cecilia Orchestra Christmas Spectacular (18th), and Christmas Organ Recital (20th) and Nine Lessons and Carols (23rd). For last minute shopping the Harrogate boutiques, walled city of York and city scene of Leeds are all within an hour’s drive.
Press enquiries : Felicity Cunliffe-Lister : 01765 680944 : firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for the Editor :
- Swinton Park is a 30 bedroom luxury hotel with 4 Red Stars and 3 Rosettes for quality of food. It is the ancestral seat of the Earl of Swinton and is owned by the Cunliffe-Lister family, who opened it as a hotel in 2001.
- The hotel has a cookery school, with day, evening and residential courses running all year. The residential courses are run by the TV Celebrity chef, Rosemary Shrager.
- The gardens, including the four acre walled garden, have been extensively restored in recent years. The walled garden now grows over 60 varieties of seasonal herbs, fruit and produce. The hotel is committed to keeping food miles to an absolute minimum, with the majority of all other produce sourced by the hotel coming from the surrounding 20,000 acre estate and Yorkshire countryside.
- The hotel has a carbon neutral woodchip boiler, eco-laundry and many other environmental measures in place – winning awards for its green policies.