Teenagers Cookery Two Day Bootcamp
Chef: Stephen Bulmer
Duration: Two Day
Theme: Beginners Cookery; Teenagers
This two day course provides older teenagers (15+ years) with a total immersion in cookery skills. If they are going away to university, travelling on a gap year or setting up home on their own, this course will equip them with the basic knowledge to buy, prepare and cook meals for themselves. Starting from scratch, with plenty of hands on cooking, the skills and techniques covered will include:
- Putting a menu together – balance and nutrition
- Hygiene – essential guidelines
- Shopping – budgeting and seasonality
- Safe and effective knife skills
- Grilling and pan-frying meat and fish
- Vegetable preparation and cooking methods
- Cooking with eggs
- Mince-based dishes and sauces
- Bread, pastry and simple desserts
The course runs each day from 10am to 3.30pm with a light lunch included.
Overnight accommodation for 18+ year olds is available in the bunk barn at Bivouac, the luxury glamping site nearby on the Swinton Estate, which also has a café serving breakfast and meals. £20 per night, with minibus transport to Swinton Park included for Bootcamp students. See www.swintonbivouac.co.uk
Please note the date of this course has been changed
from 13th & 14th July, as initially advertised.
No course dates available.
This course can be booked online:
Alternatively, contact the Cookery School:
Tel: 01765 680969