Southern Italian Cookery – Rome to Sicily
Chef: Stephen Bulmer
Duration: One Day
Theme: Italian Cuisine
Price: £160 weekends, £140 mid-week
We have three Italian courses on our programme: A half day course explaining the essential techniques for making pasta, risotto and seasonal pesto, plus two full day courses exploring the regional ingredients and classic dishes of Northern and Southern Italy.
Southern Italian Cookery
Our Southern Italian cookery course features dishes redolent with the sunshine and sparking seas of Naples, the Amalfi Coast and Sicily. The recipes covered reflect the delicious seafood and verdant produce of these regions from clams, squid and sardines to courgette flowers, Amalfi lemons and almonds.
Dishes typically included are:
Linguine alla Vongole (clams)
Insalata di Seppia
(grilled cuttlefish salad with squid ink dressing)
Grilled Rolled, Stuffed Pork Escalope
with Deep-Fried Courgette Flowers
(flourless dark chocolate & almond torte from Capri)
Techniques covered in this course are:
- Bread making dough, proving, kneading, baking – plus variations
- Pasta – making, rolling and cutting
- Shellfish preparation of clams and squid and cooking methods
- Preparation of fish for stuffing
- Preparation of pork – battering escalope, stuffing and rolling
- Preparation of courgettes and/or flowers, making batter, deep frying
- Cake preparation – method for chocolate, egg separation, whisking, use of ground almonds instead of flour
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.
No course dates available.
To book this course please contact the Cookery School:
Tel: 01765 680969