Cooking with Yorkshire’s Finest
Duration: One Day
Theme: Modern British
Price: £160 weekends, £140 mid-week
Gutsy, flavourful dishes featuring the best of local produce, served in an informal, gastro-pub style.
Dishes covered in this course typically include:
Trout Fritters with Black Sheep Beer Batter, Foraged Salsa Verde
Hot Yorkshire Cheese Soufflé
Bridlington Mussel & Cockle Broth with Leek and Yorkshire Cider
garnished with Quails Eggs
Duck with Cherries, Sweet Potato and Five Spiced Sauce
Custard Tart with Seasonal Fruit
Techniques featured in this course are:
- Filleting fish, making a batter, frying
- Soufflé making, including whisking skills
- Preparation of shellfish and making of a fish stock/broth
- Poaching of multiple eggs together
- Cooking of the duck – rendering down the fat to make the skin crisp, how to tell when meat is cooked
- Preparation of the Five Spice sauce and variations with this method
- Making a custard, flavouring options for different seasons, fruit compote methods and flavourings
The following are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, in line with availability of produce.
No course dates available.
To book this course please contact the Cookery School:
Tel: 01765 680969