Fish and Shellfish – Far Eastern Fish Dishes
Chef: Stephen Bulmer
Duration: One Day
Theme: Far Eastern; Fish & Shellfish
Price: £160 weekends, £140 mid-week
Saturday 30th July fully booked!
We run a series of three Fish & Shellfish courses – Atlantic, Mediterranean and Far Eastern – each of which will cover key techniques for filleting fish and breaking down shellfish in preparation for a range of delicious, healthy dishes from that region.
Fish & Shellfish Dishes from the Far East
Authentic and aromatic recipes, redolent with the spices and flavourings of Thailand, India and Japan.
Dishes on this course typically include:
Fish Green Thai Curry
Pad Thai Salad with Prawns
Tempura of Salmon wrapped in Nori Seaweed
Goan Fish Patties with Tamarind
Escabeche of Fish & Vegetables with Asian spices
Nage of Fish & Shellfish, Lime and Coriander
Techniques covered in this course include:
- Fish filleting and preparation of shellfish
- Making of a fish stock
- Preparation of tempura batter, frying techniques, how to keep batter light and fried items crisp
- Various cooking methods for fish and shellfish
- Thai curry mix, explaining authentic balancing of flavours
- Explanation of specialist ingredients and their preparation
- Goan spice mix and alternative variations
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.
This course can be booked online:
Alternatively, contact the Cookery School:
Tel: 01765 680969