Winter Warmers – Dishes for Seasonal Entertaining
Chef: Stephen Bulmer
Duration: One Day
Theme: Dinner Parties
Price: £160 weekends, £140 mid-week
We run a series of four seasonal entertaining courses throughout the year, ideal for dinner parties, lunches and suppers. Each course makes the most of delicious, local produce that is redolent with the flavours we associate with each season..
Our seasonal entertaining courses will teach you how to prepare your menu ahead of time and cook multiple portions together, to enable you to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests. Steve will also talk through variations for the dishes featured on each course – suggesting alternative fish, meat, vegetables, nuts, spices and herbs – to give you an even wider selection of recipe ideas.
Pumpkin Soup with Kirsch
Soused Mackerel with Rhubarb
White Fish Bourride with Mussels and Aioli
Roast Guinea Fowl with Wild Mushrooms, Potato Fondant,
Red Onion Marmalade
Pear & Cob Nut Tart
Specific techniques taught on this course are:
- Fish filleting, preparation of shellfish, sousing technique
- Mayonnaise technique for aioli
- Portioning of a bird and how to tell when meat is cooked
- New interesting ideas for vegetable accompaniments
- Preparation of seasonal mushrooms
- Professional technique for making and rolling pastry, benefits of using a flan ring, techniques for freezing ahead of use
- Poaching technique for fruit, ideas for using seasonal ingredients such as cob nuts, instead of the usual almond frangipane.
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.
No course dates available.
This course can be booked online:
Alternatively, contact the Cookery School:
Tel: 01765 680969