Dishes for Seasonal Entertaining 2 – Spring
Chef: Stephen Bulmer
Duration: One Day
Theme: Dinner Parties
Price: £160 weekends, £140 mid-week
We run a series of four seasonal entertaining courses throughout the year, ideal for dinner parties, lunches and suppers. Each course makes the most of delicious, local produce that is redolent with the flavours we associate with each season.
Our seasonal entertaining courses will teach you how to prepare your menu ahead of time and cook multiple portions together, to enable you to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests. Steve will also talk through variations for the dishes featured on each course – suggesting alternative fish, meat, vegetables, nuts, spices and herbs – to give you an even wider selection of recipe ideas.
Seasonal Dishes for Entertaining 2 – Spring
Sample dishes include:
Spring Vegetable Soup
Risotto Primavera with Trout
Boned, Stuffed Chicken Leg with Spring Mushrooms,
Leek Tagliatelle & Wild Garlic, Mashed Potato
Sweet Cicely Pannacotta, Yorkshire Rhubarb
Nantais Sable Biscuit
Specific techniques taught on this course are:
- Professional risotto technique, including sofritto and vegetarian stock option
- Preparation of the vegetables for the risotto
- Filleting trout
- Boning skills, breaking down a bird, making stuffing.
- Perfect mashed potato
- Sauce making
- Professional technique for making avery light panacotta
- Flavouring and presentation options using various seasonal (foraged) ingredients
- Technique for very light biscuit to accompany the pannacotta
- Chocolate technique
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.
No course dates available.
This course can be booked online:
Alternatively, contact the Cookery School:
Tel: 01765 680969