Cooking with Star Quality – Day Course
Duration: One Day
Theme: Advanced Cooking; French Cuisine
Please note that 5th November and 17th December are now fully booked!
This course is for advanced home cooks and features gourmet dishes from Chefs experience and repertoire of his favorite Michelin-starred restaurants. Chef will also teach you techniques for preparing ahead of time, cooking multiple portions at the same time and how to present your dishes with a professional chef’s finish.
Dishes typically included in this course include:
Crab and Ginger Bisque
Grilled Artichoke Salad with Poached Quail Eggs,
Crisp Pancetta and Mustard Dressing
Assiette of Lamb
Passion Fruit Soufflé
Techniques covered in this course include:
- Breaking down and preparation of a crab
- Making of shellfish stock and sauce
- Poaching of multiple eggs at the same time
- Preparation of vegetables and dressing for salad
- Lamb preparation and range of cooking methods, sauce preparation
- Preparation and cooking of garnishes
- Souffle making, including crème patissière base and whisking techniques for egg whites
- Flavouring variations and seasonal garnish alternatives for all dishes
- Advanced presentation skills
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.
To book this course please contact the Cookery School:
Tel: 01765 680969