Cooking with Star Quality – French Cuisine
Chef: Stephen Bulmer
Duration: Two Day
Theme: Advanced Cooking
Price: £310 per person
Stephen Bulmer has spent his career working with top chefs in some of the best restaurants in the world, and previously ran the Raymond Blanc Cookery School at Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons.
This course is a masterclass in French cookery for experienced home cooks, who will probably have attended several cookery courses previously. It features dishes from some of the restaurants Steve has worked at and teaches the culinary techniques needed to achieve them.
Steve will also teach you techniques for preparing ahead, cooking multiple portions at the same time and how to present your dishes with a professional finish.
Dishes typically included in this course are:
Hazelnut & Raisin, Milk and Seed Bread
Wasabi & Cucumber Dressing
Noilly Prat Jus
Techniques covered in this course include:
- Bread making – understanding roles and relative proportions of ingredients; kneading, proving and baking
- Fish filleting, preparation of fresh squid, confit and grilling cookery methods
- Preparation and portioning a bird, de-boning of leg, method for stuffing and poaching
- Pickling technique for vegetables, making batter and deep-frying technique
- Making of sauces including sabayon, tomato sauce and flavoured jus
- Range of dessert techniques
- Advanced presentation skills
The above dishes are representative of the recipes taught on this cookery course. However, Swinton Park Cookery School reserve the right to change any or all of these dishes, as circumstances require.
This course can be booked online:
Alternatively, contact the Cookery School:
Tel: 01765 680969