The Green Delegate packages at Swinton Park take care at every level for the environment, and minimise food miles and carbon emissions too. Swinton Park is a highly regarded champion of eco-tourism with a Gold Award from the Green Business in Tourism scheme and a 3 Star award from the Sustainable Restaurant Association (with the highest rating in the country).
The hotel’s heating and hot water is powered by a carbon neutral wood-chip boiler, using forestry thinnings from the Swinton Estate, the in-house laundry uses an eco O-Zone system reducing chemicals, water and energy by 30% and the hotel waste is “Landfill-Free” with it all being recycled or incinerated in a “waste to energy” scheme. In terms of food miles, most of the ingredients used for the delegate meals have been sourced from the doorstep, with a four acre walled garden producing a constant supply of seasonal fruit, herbs and vegetables, and the surrounding 20,000 acre Swinton Estate a source of game, meat and foraged wild edible ingredients.
Green Delegate Day Package
- Full electronic, paper free organisation of your event
- Fair trade coffee and tea breaks including homemade treats baked on site
- Seasonal fruit bowl in the meeting room
- Water bottled here on site using our own filtering system and recycled glass bottles
- Working lunch made from locally sourced ingredients – served in your meeting room (or as a picnic in the grounds)
- White boards instead of flipcharts
- Stationery available on a side table rather than at each place setting to reduce wastage including recycled pencils made from CD cases!
- Natural daylight in your conference room
£30 + VAT Per Delegate
Green 24 Hour Delegate Package
Includes all of the above plus:
- Three Course Dinner made from locally sourced ingredients
- Overnight accommodation
- Full Yorkshire Breakfast the following morning
£150 + VAT per delegate
Both Day and 24 Hour Green Delegates packages also include :
- Reusable green bag for every delegate to take away
- Electronic certificate to say you have used the Swinton Parks Green Conference package and held your conference in an award winning environmentally friendly venue.
- Mini bus available to pick groups up from the train station
Green Activities & Team Building Events (all taking place at the hotel or nearby on the Swinton Estate)
- Cookery School
- Bikes to hire
- Orienteering and Bothy Hut Picnics
- Bicycle Polo
- Horse riding
- Farm Adventure team building activities
- Coracle Building
Book Accommodation Online Now
With lavish decorations, roaring log fires and excellent cuisine, few venues can match the elegant splendour and style of Swinton Park at Christmas. Come and celebrate the Festive season with one of our Festive Events.
We have Christmas Lunches in Samuel’s restaurant, Festive Afternoon Teas, Christmas Chef’s Tables for lunch as well as dinner and Christmas Pamper Afternoons in the Spa. We are also running Festive Cookery Courses, for those seeking some new inspiration for Christmas entertaining at home. Please click Festive Events for more details.
Please click here to see our 2013/4 Events and Activities Brochure which provides details about our forthcoming cookery courses and themed lunches and dinners. These include our inspirational Wine Appreciation Lunches preceded by an informal tastings with wine experts, Estate Produce Lunches featuring seasonal produce from the Swinton Estate and Chef’s Table demonstration dining experiences with Michelin-trained chef Stephen Bulmer.