Jobs - Training - Development - Progression - Careers
Swinton Park – A place where guests love to stay as much as you’ll love to work.
So many of our guests specifically return to Swinton Park because they know that they will find familiar smiling, caring faces and to receive time and time again not just good service, but excellence in service and facilities.
We want every one of our new guests to think that way too.
We want continually to improve what we do and achieve.
Our wonderful team provides our guests’ experience in a friendly, thoughtful, considerate and considered way. They bring to Swinton Park their individual characters, making us so unique and special.
Just as our talented team provides this now, do you:
- Have a passion for excellence?
- Feel that you too have the yearning to want to please and delight?
- Share our sparkle, enthusiasm, quest for the best, our desire and dedication?
- Have a warm, friendly, positive attitude and character that will add to what we do?
- Want to become a part of our team and progress in the hospitality industry in a structured but personalised way?
- Want to be part of an exciting and growing business?
- Want continually to improve in what you do and achieve?
We believe in helping you to achieve a worthwhile, fulfilling career with your own personal development plans and to see our team players progress in a measurable way, so that they can achieve personal excellence too.
We offer a competitive salary depending on experience and skills. Benefits include meals on duty, discounts on hotel services and facilities, and a uniform provided if required. You will need your own transport due to our location.
Current Job Opportunities at Swinton Park
Chef de Partie
To work alongside Stephen Bulmer, Chef Director of the Cookery School. Fantastic opportunity to get one-to-one training with this highly experienced ex-Le Manoir chef, nominated for Best Tutor in 2014 British Cookery School Awards and previously Chef Direct of the Raymond Blanc Cookery School.
Duties include preparing for classes, dinners and demos, assisting during teaching, preparation of Swinton retail products, usual cleaning duities.
You will have at least 2 years’ experience in a restaurant kitchen, excellent cleanliness standards, ability to work consistently when unsupervised, smart appearance, good communication skills, drive and commitment.
Immediate start. Live in if needed. Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Receptionist
We need an enthusiastic, hard-working receptionist to join our front of house team, providing excellent customer service to our guests. You will be a friendly and professional team player with excellent people skills, a high standard of written and spoken English, an excellent telephone manner and a commitment to continually improving the quality of our service.
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, the role will include checking guests in and out, reservations and event enquiry handling together with associated paperwork; showcasing the hotel to prospective bookers; accurate billing and posting of revenue and communicating information both within the front of house team and to other departments.
- 40 hours/week approximately (5 days out of 7)
- Shifts will include some evenings, weekends and public holidays as business requires
- Previous experience as part of a team in a similar establishment essential
- Working knowledge of windows-based computer systems preferred
- Uniform and meals on duty provided
- Competitive salary
Please email your CV to Andrew Lindsey, Front of House Manager, email@example.com
Part Time Housekeeping Positions
We have the following positions available. Full training will be given.
- Part Time Laundry Assistant – includes weekend work, as per rota
- Part Time Housekeepers – midweek shifts
- Casual Housekeepers – weekend shifts
Please call Susan Morris, Head Housekeeper on 01765 680978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chef de Rang Waiters
Full time chef de rang waiters required with experience of working at a well rated hotel or restaurant, offering the highest levels of customer service. The requirements for this position are:
- Taking of food and beverage orders
- Superior level of food and beverage service to customers
- Laying tables, polishing tableware, delivery and clearing of tableware
- Taking food and wine orders, and serving meals to guests
- Perform wine service operations and preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and beverages
- Maintaining a clean & safe working environment
- Maintaining appearance in accordance with the restaurant’s grooming standards
- Maintaining a harmonious relationship with other members of the service and kitchen team
- Acquiring a full knowledge of the restaurants food and beverage service policies and procedure
- Performing cashiering duties for customer bills
- Assisting with opening and closing duties as required
A working knowledge of point of sale systems would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be given.
This position will require working split shifts, including evening and weekend work, as scheduled by rota.
Please email your CV to Nathan White, Food & Beverage Manager at email@example.com
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, in line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996. Documented evidence of eligibility to work will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
We are delighted to have received planning approval for our Country Club and Spa, which will include an indoor swimming pool with full spa and fitness facilities, as well as a 40-seat conservatory restaurant, coffee shop and Swinton Estate shop. Please see our press release for more information. In the meantime, book fabulous Thalgo treatments in our current spa to look your best for the Christmas party season and enjoy our tempting Festive Lunches and Afternoon Teas or inspiring Christmas Chef’s Tables and seasonal cookery courses, amid the castle’s glorious decorations.